Grumman F-14A Tomcat
Late Model Carrier Launch Set
model kit recreates the Grumman F-14A Tomcat. The F-14A Tomcat U.S. Navy
Fighter is famous for being the first mass-production and the
most-produced model among the F-14 series. This kit realistically
depicts the F-14A Tomcat (Late Model) - in service from the late 1980s
to the early 2000s- with wings featuring separate flaps and slats. The
kit includes one crew figure and paper flight deck sheet for use on a
super realistic diorama set.
• 1/48 scale plastic model assembly kit of the Grumman F-14A Tomcat (Late model). Fuselage length: 398mm, Wingspan: 408mm.
• Features fixed depiction of variable sweep wing supported by a single-piece part.
• The kit depicts wings with deployed flaps and slats which can be
attached to wing by support parts (NOTE: This model CANNOT depict wing
at neutral position).
• The catapult shuttle and one-piece holdback bar with its nose landing
gear realistically depict the F-14A taking off from the carrier deck.
• New nose landing gear part with retracted "kneeling'' shock absorber recreates the F-14A's takeoff stance.
• Features detailed sections such as telephoto camera pod, AAX-1 TCS,
ALR-45 radar warning antenna under wing, and four Mk. 82 low-drag
general-purpose bombs (LDGP, 500 pound) for realistic look.
• A realistically recreated cockpit depicts late model ejector seat cushions, instrument panel and side console panels.
• Includes the catapult officer (called “Shooter” who gives the OK for
the operator to release the shuttle) figure and paper flight deck sheet.
• Comes with four marking options: two for F-14As from the VF-32
“Swordsmen” and one VF-211 “Fighting Checkmates”, plus one VF-154 “Black